Guidelines & Eligibility Criteria
GUIDELINES FOR THE 2020 SIERRA LEONE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION ELECTIONS
1. ELECTIVE POSITIONS
Elections shall be conducted for the following positions;
- President to be elected by Congress
- Two Vice Presidents; and
- Three EXCO’s with at least one woman filling one Ex Co seat
- Nominations shall open on Monday 21st December 2020 and close at 17:00hrs on Friday 8th January 2021.
- Nomination forms can be obtained from the SLFA Secretariat or from the
SLFA Official Website iii.Being proposed as a candidate by a member shall be understood as a declaration of support. Each member may present a declaration of support for only one candidate. If a member presents declaration of support for more than one candidate, all of its declarations shall become invalid.
3. NOMINATION FEES
All nomination fees shall be paid in cash in to the Account of Sierra Leone Football Association at
Proof of payment shall be submitted together with the completed nomination forms as follows:
- Presidential Aspirant Le 10,000,000
- Two Vice Presidents Le 5,000,000
- Three Executive Committee (one to be mandatorily filled by a woman) Le 3,000,000
4. VOTING PROCEDURE
The voting procedure shall be secret ballot
5.VENUE FOR ELECTIONS
The venue for the elections shall be Makeni, Bombali District in the Northern Province of Sierra Leone. This is consistent with the decision of the SLFA Members at the last Congress:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO HOLD AN ELECTIVE POSITION IN THE SLFA
- Must be a Sierra Leonean and must have resided in Sierra Leone for a period of no lesser than five years prior to the congress. Article 32 (4)of the SLFA Constitution;
- Must be of sound mind and has not been detained as a person of mental disorder under any enactment;
- Must have played an active role in association football for five years before being proposed as a candidate and must pass an eligibility check to be carried out by the Ethics Committee. Article 32 (5) of the SLFA Constitution;
- Has not been convicted of an offence involving fraud, dishonesty or moral turpitude;
- Must be a person of High Moral Integrity;
- Must have passed an “integrity check” in accordance with Annex A of the Constitution to be conducted by the Ethics Board prior to their election or re-election. See Article 32 (2) of the SLFA Constitution;
- As per Article 32 (3) a candidate seeking election for President or VicePresident should not have previously served in that capacity for more than two terms (whether consecutive or not) prior to this candidacy, and in this respect a partial term counts as full term.
- A Candidate may not at the same time be a member of an independent committee of SLFA and may not be appointed/elected as a delegate representing a member at the Congress.
ANNEX B – QUESTIONNAIRE FOR INTEGRITY CHECKS
Part 1: General provisions 1
- The integrity checks with regard to candidates for, and holders of, official positions within SLFA that are subject to such checks (hereinafter: candidates) shall be conducted by the ETHICS COMMITTEE in accordance with the provisions of the SLFA Constitution and its Annex A.
- Candidates subject to integrity checks are obliged to comply with the screening and self-disclosure process as outlined in Part 2 and Part 3 below. Prior to the screening process, every candidate shall give his written consent to the said process based on a form provided by the ETHICS COMMITTEE conducting the integrity check. If such written consent is not provided, the integrity check shall be deemed as not passed.
- Candidates subject to integrity checks shall always act in good faith and shall fully collaborate to establish the relevant facts upon reasonable notice. If the candidate concerned does not cooperate with the ETHICS COMMITTEE to conduct the integrity check, the integrity check shall be deemed as not passed.
- An integrity check shall be deemed as not passed if the candidate concerned: a) has been subject to criminal convictions or disciplinary sanctions by a state court, in particular if the underlying behaviour was a substantive issue and not a minor infraction or procedural misbehaviour; b) has been found guilty and/or sentenced by the SLFA, CAF or FIFA Ethics Committee, a Commission of Inquiry into Sports Administration or any Sporting body with a sanction that would seriously put into question the discharge of the office concerned.
1. At the beginning of the screening process, every candidate subject to an integrity check shall undergo an identification check (“ID check”). In this context, the candidate shall submit a copy of his current valid passport, National ID or Driver’s License to the ETHICS COMMITTEE, the body in charge of performing the integrity check. The ID check shall include verification/identification of the following elements: a) name(s) and surname(s);
- address of residence;
- date and place of birth;
2. Every candidate subject to an integrity check shall complete the questionnaire contained in Part 3 below.
PART 3: the ETHICS COMMITTEE,
the body in charge of performing the integrity checks may conduct independent research and/or investigations in order to obtain further relevant information on a particular candidate, which may include information on intermediaries and related parties, mandates, potential conflicts of interest and significant participation as well as civil and criminal proceedings/investigations.
|First Names (s)|
|Address of Residence|
|Date and Place of Birth|
- Have you been previously convicted by a final decision of any intentional indictable offence or of any offence corresponding to a violation of the rules of conduct set out in part II section 5 of the FIFA Code of Ethics? No /Yes – If yes, please specify:
- Has a sport’s governing body ever imposed any disciplinary or similar sanction or measure on you in the past for actions which amount to a violation of the rules of conduct set out in part II section 5 of the FIFA Code of Ethics? No Yes If yes, please specify:
- Are you the subject of any pending civil, criminal or disciplinary proceedings or investigations? No/ Yes – If yes, please specify:
- I am fully aware that I am subject to the provisions of the Disciplinary and Ethics Code of SLFA and to the provisions of the Statutes and other regulations of SLFA that may address integrity issues, and I fully comply with such provisions.
- I currently hold the following positions in football:
- The following facts and circumstances may give rise to potential conflicts of interest regarding me (cf. in particular arts. 18, 19 and 35 of the SLFA Constitution):
- Remarks and observations which may be of potential relevance in the context of the integrity check:
- I am fully aware and agree that this questionnaire is made available to the members of the appropriate body of SLFA.
- I am fully aware and confirm that I must notify the ETHICS COMMITTEE, the body conducting the integrity check of any relevant facts and circumstances arising after the integrity check have been completed.
- I am fully aware and confirm that I am obliged to collaborate fully to establish the relevant facts with regard to the integrity check I am subject to.
- I am fully aware and confirm that the ETHICS COMMITTEE, the body conducting the integrity check may also request information on possible sanctions (questions 1 and 2 above) directly from FIFA or the relevant confederation as well as from other institutions such as the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland, or the International Olympic Committee. In this regard, I hereby release the relevant institutions from any obligation of confidentiality relating to the information concerned.
- I am fully aware and confirm that the body conducting the integrity check may collect further information on me in accordance with Part 2 part 3 of
(Place and Date) Signature