A High Court Judge has on Friday August 25th ordered that “funds be made available by the executive committee whose mandate was extended by the Fifa letter of 3rd August 2017” to permit the FA in running the affairs of the Secretariat until the substantive matter is dealt with.
19 people took the Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA), its President Madam Isha Johansen, its two Vice Presidents; Brima Mazolla Kamara, Alie Kargbo, and its two Ex-Officio members; Alie Badara Tarawallie and Harold Nat Johnson to court seeking an injunction to restrain the five Executive members from running the affairs of the Sierra Leone Football Association and also from operating the association’s bank accounts after their term of office ended on August 3 “until the determination of the substantive matter”.
Upon serving the sermon to the SLFA Secretariat and the five Executive members, the court ordered a temporal injunction with immediate effect and added: “An order to appoint a receiver in the persons of one of the Regional Chairmen who have legitimacy as Vice President is hereby granted”.
After deliberation from both counsels for the plaintiff and the defense on August 24th and 25th, High Court Judge Dworzark said “Having heard Counsel on both sides and having perused the documents filed therein and referred to in oral argument by both sides this court orders:
1. A stay of proceedings of the substantive action and all subsequent proceedings.
2. That funds be made available by the executive committee whose mandate was extended by the Fifa letter of 3rd August 2017 to permit
- The U-20 Women’s Friendly Match to go ahead.
- The wafu tournament in Ghana to go ahead.
- The payments of staff salaries for end of August 2017 and administrative expenses such as electricity, inter alia until the Task Force arrives in Sierra Leone and meets in mid – September.
This order is only valid until the substantive matter is dealt with,” Judge Dworzark said.
Counsel for the Plaintiff is Luawa Chambers represented by Emmanuel Saffa Abdulai while the defense Counsel, Tanner Legal Associates was represented by Siman Alie Mans-Conteh.
The matter was adjourned to September 17, 2017.
Copyright 2014 The Sierra Leone Football Association.
Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being giving to the Communications Desk of the FA as source.